— In cases when the tree is harmful for a city's infrastructure, the solution seems to cut them down. (b)
The great temple of Borobudur is a stepped pyramid of unmortared andesite and basalt volcanic stone, standing 403 feet square and 105 feet high. This holy place lay abandoned and forgotten for more than 800 years after a devastating earthquake and an eruption of one of the four surrounding volcanoes caused its population to flee in 1006. Besides earthquakes and volcanoes, torrential rains, encroaching tropical vegetation, and time have all taken their toll.
It can be inferred from the passage that the temple of Borobudur is in ruins.
Characteristics of tropical rain forests are high and steady levels of heat and moisture, as well as a wide variety of organisms. It is believed that two-thirds of all species live in tropics, and half of those live in the tropical rain forests. Nowhere else, except perhaps the tropical coral reefs, is nature so great in its diversity of organisms and complex in its biological interaction.
It can be inferred from the passage that tropical coral reefs contain a wide variety of organisms.
Even though historians think that ice-skating has been a sport for the last 2,000 years, it is within the last five decades that skating has gained recognition as a form of art. Champion athletes combine new heights of athleticism with the elegance of dance in what is called figure skating. Ice skaters performing daring jumps in flamboyant costumes have brought ballet to the ice rink. Ice-skating is now seen as an exciting and innovative sport that has won millions of admirers.
It can be inferred from the passage that ice skaters are both athletes and artists.
1. Can it be inferred that athletic women are lazy about putting on cosmetics? HAYIR
2. Can it inferred that the nervous system is important for muscle control? EVET
3. Can it be inferred that nine people died from sulfite-contaminated fresh foods? EVET
4. Can it be inferred that people who need bifocals presently use contact lenses? HAYIR
5. Can it inferred that communities are not always told when and where toxic wastes are being disposed? EVET
II.2.B. Metinden önce/sonra gelen
— Agricultural developments in a certain country.
— General outline of amnesia.
— A brief outline of housing in America before the George Washington period.
4. The paragraph following the passage most likely presents _____.
— shallow reasons for becoming an airline hostess.
5. Most likely, the last sentence of the paragraph preceding this one mentioned _____.
— a year.
6. Most likely, the last sentence of the paragraph preceding this one mentioned _____.
— a holiday place for those who like hunting.
7. The paragraph following the passage most likely presents _____.
— other drugs that are effective in fields that penicillin fails.
8. The paragraph following the passage most likely presents _____.
— the help Hamilton got from people other than his own family.
II.2.C. Sözcük anlamı
8. yerinden etmek
III. GENEL SORULAR